Sunday, November 27, 2011

Let's make a deal...diabetes style.

Welcome Meri to Let's Make a Deal! WOOO HOOO!


Clap!!! Clap!!! Clap!!! Clap!!! Clap!!!

Tomorrow the boys start school again. As the audience well knows...all three of your boys have had higher blood sugar numbers during their break. Tomorrow they will be back on the playground and I know you are lost about what to do.

So let's do what you do best...GUESS!

Let's make a deal!

Clap!!! Clap!!! Clap!!! Clap!!! Clap!!!
To start out, you have three boxes in front of you.

Box #1 has you continuing to up their basals because of the highs as of late.

Box #2 has you Going back to the ratios you used before Thanksgiving break.


Box #3 has a temp basal inside. Up the basals just a touch in the morning.

It is time to make your choice Meri! Which will you choose?

Me: "Do I have to choose right this minute?"

Without a doubt, yes you do! School is just a short 12 hours away!! Come on Meri! You can do this! EVVVVVERYONE is waiting for you to make your choice!

Me: "I don't know what to do. Can I crawl into a hole and make my husband decide?"

It's all on you Meri, you know that! The clock is ticking...your time is almost up. Don't think about them passing out on the playground. Don't think about them spending the day at in the bathroom or at the water fountain. JUST CHOOSE!!
Me: Since I'm given no mercy to put it off...I'm picking box #2. Better safe than sorry.

Finally a choice! Tomorrow your prize will be made known unto you. There are three curtains with three carefully chosen prizes hiding behind.

One curtain hides a perfectly pleasant day with no big blood sugar surprises.

Curtain number two holds frantic phone calls, ALL. DAY. LONG.

And the third curtain brings constant troubleshooting for the entire day/week.

You will be notified of which curtain you win by 10:15am tomorrow!

Thank you so much for playing Meri! Best of luck to you!

You are gonna need it...

Me: And here I thought games were supposed to be fun...


(This concludes day number 27 of National Health Blogging Month. Three more days. You are all saints for putting up with me. For serious.)


8 comments:

  1. High up here too all weekend long...Temp basal up %20 helps a bit though. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how, even in the most stressful and frustrating circumstances, your hilarity remains fully in tact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I hate making that decision when school is back in session. It really IS a guessing game. -Sigh-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mer - You are always a winner in my book! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had the same thought process and convo with hubby this morning. I'll know at 3pm how we did. By the way, I stayed at higher vacation basal and will continue to do so until I see a few lows. Last time we traveled I bumped her basal up and she never returned to the pre-vacation levels. The higher rates were the new basals. At least we're home eating normal food instead of grandma's golf club buffets for every meal. Happy Holidays to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't want to play that game! Hope it all turned out okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make me laugh . . . and feel so NORMAL!!!! I have these same conversations with myself (I think I have ALL your conversations with myself):) I picked door #2 as well and ALSO thought "better safe then sorry" . . . and it all turned out okay . . . this time!:) Thanks for blogging; you always have me laughing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments=Love
Moderation now enabled, so comments will not immediately be seen.