Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Meri's Christmas


I have been MIA and I am sorry. :( I have missed so much. I was able to get glimpses of blogs and FB posts here and there, but having Christmas with all 4 boys home has left me very little “me time." I’ve been forced to sleep in most mornings, and by the time we have breakfast and get dressed, my hubby’s home from work (early this past week,) and then we are out the door for some fun.

I know...Poor me.

My husband has gotten into the habit of calling my blogger time my “work." I’ll be on the computer and he’ll come in and say, “Oh! I didn’t realize you were working. How much longer until your work is done? Leave mom alone…she is working!” And the boys have all jumped on board too…”What time will you be done with work mom, we want to go to the park!”

But this morning my friends, THIS MORNING….I am alone! My sister in law kidnapped the boys last night for a sleep over and the hubby and I went to dinner and a movie. He had to leave for work at 3:00 this morning, so I have woken up to silence. I have the Christmas tree on, the shutters closed and a big cup of hot chocolate by my side.

{Big deep sigh}

I’ve got a lot of “work” to do…but I feel lazy.

So, in my laziness, I will put my thoughts into list form.

Five Bits of Meri Christmas Info...

1) My boys were spoiled. I thought getting a laptop for them would make my life easier. (They are always stealing mine.) But alas…It is making my brain explode. I have to monitor everything they do… (I’m over protective that way,) and it seems they are growing up way too fast. My oldest asked if he could download some of my husband’s old CD’s…sure…well I found next to his laptop Pink Floyd and 3 Led Zeppelin CD’s. I’m not ready for this people!

2) I was spoiled. I got a flash for my SLR camera…and it is HUGE. It is now named Gigantor. I also got a little point and shoot camera for my purse and a sweet necklace with all our names on it. LOVE IT!!!

3) I found out the hard way that I cannot bolus correctly for poured chocolate fudge cake. I failed that one miserably. I thought I was being aggressive…but it turns out, I was a mamby pamby. :(

4) A good bit of advice, If there is family drama that is not immediately in the room, but playing out thousands of miles away…a good family board game will bring back the Christmas spirit!

5) Lastly, I discovered if you failed miserably bolusing for a certain dessert one night, over blousing for everything else the next day will not make it better. Chasing lows sucks. Not that I did this…not that I didn’t do this…Ok yes I did this. I’m not claiming to be a genius. (Lawton was happy though…he alerted a record number of times and received his rewards in full.)

SO there ya go…a little insight about what has been going on with little ol’ me. We had a really wonderful low key Christmas.

On a side note, I do know about the myriad of surgeries going on today, on New Year’s Eve, and coming up soon…and I want you all to know that I am praying for you. Especially today for Kelly and her Father. I am thankful for who you all are…for the love and laughter you have brought into my life. Together our prayers can make a difference. My thoughts are with you.



6 comments:

  1. Oh Meri my what a busy time you have had . I am sending all those prayers too and hope you have a great new years eve andyeah bolusing this time of year stinks . Oh well glad you survived christmas and boys , I remember that . LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you are... I thought I might have to fly out west to find you! Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very Meri Christmas!! I love it!! Enjoy your time. We've missed you, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh....I love that you were enjoying the tail end of Christmas lights with hot chocolate all by yourself this morning. Sounds dreamy!!!!!

    Meri Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meri,

    Thanks for the comment on my blog (www.thetype1game.blogspot.com). Being a parent to one diabetic child with no brothers or sisters, I can't imagine what it's like to have three! I hope that you continue to find strength and purpose in all that you do to keep them alive and well.

    And yes, please add a link to my blog to your site.

    May 2010 bring us closer to a T1 cure...

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made myself a mocha...that hot chocolate sounded so good:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments=Love
Moderation now enabled, so comments will not immediately be seen.